Monday, February 13, 2012


Oh boy oh boy.

As you’re reading this, I am at work!

In my nightgown.

My commute was pretty difficult today. It took me at least 30 seconds to get to my desk and to sign in to the ‘on boarding’ meeting.

I’ve been a little fearful for a few days after hearing the first two days of new training was called “On Boarding’. Finding out there was no water torture involved made my heart quit pounding like crazy, though.

Sigh…

I’m really hoping this works for me cuz it is a PERFECT PERFECT situtation.

It is 100% work at home BUT as an employee of a super large company, not a 1099 or subcontract employee. We haven’t done benefits yet but apparently there are full benefits from day one including vacation, sick pay, holiday and visual, dental and hospitaliztion.

Once I'm done with training, I will do something called a split shift...which means four hours in the morning and four hours in the afternoon! I'm excited but I don’t know any more about that yet, though.

I’m just kind of sitting here on mute and waiting but I’ll let you know later how things go!

Have a happy Monday. I have lots and lots to tell you about the firehouse wedding and some cute Grandlittle stories and how the work day goes and blah, blah, blah…

But for now I just wanted to say good morning!

I’m so excited to learn more about this job!

But I’m gonna go for now so I look all kinds of smart!


post signature

21 comments:

anitamombanita said...

Feels like the first day of kindergarten. I feel like I should have put an extra special treat in your new lunch box and a sweet note telling you to have a wonderful day...sooooo....have a wonderful day!!

Theresa said...

Can't wait to hear all about your day! Happy working:) HUGS!

Unknown said...

actually, I'm kind of excited for you! It may mean a wee bit less Jenny but, dang, girl...split shifts? How awesome is that? Too bad I can't work split shifts from home. I think the hospital would frown upon that! :o) Happy Monday Workday! <3

Wanda..... said...

Your job sounds perfect, Jenny... especially the commute and dress code!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like the perfect job for you, Jenny! How wonderful to get benefits and everything without even having to leave your home.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

=)

Rachael West said...

Wow sounds like a fantastic job... care to share any details on the down low with your dear pregnant friend?

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

You ARE all kinds of smart so it should be a snap!

Good luck with your first day!!!!

xxoo,

RMW

Anonymous said...

I hope this does work out for you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This sounds like the perfect job! In your nighty at home! Yippee! Can't wait to hear more. Hugs, Linda

Rebecca Martin said...

Welcome, Jenny!!! I will not spill the beans about your new employer. :-) I did sit in on the first hour or so of your on-boarding this morning. Hope your day is going well. Rebecca Martin

Jo said...

Well this sounds exciting Jenny! I hope you have a wonderful first day!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I'd be very interested in a job like that. seemings that I'm unemployed and not finding any luck anywhere. keep us posted.

Ames said...

As soon as I heard "On Boarding" water boarding came to mind. Ha!

I don't have to work but the extra money would be super nice. Then maybe I could get new sofa's. One is 15 years old and the other is 10years old. Word to the wise. If you buy nice furniture it last a long long long time. :( When they say lifetime they aren't kidding. I think I will be long gone and that darn sofa will still be around.

Geeze does my mind wander or what. Back to your job. You lucky girl. I thought it was fun going to school online cause I could do it in my nightie but going to work in your nightie sounds even better!

Hope this works out for you. Have a great day Jenny!~Ames

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woman...you are all kinds of smart!

I bet that Firehouse weddin' was a blast! 'Can't wait to hear about it.

It looks as if ya done went and found yourself the perfect job! Best to luck to ya my friend.

God bless and have a bang~up day!!!

BTW: Received Angel card today. I'll see that she gets it.

Betty said...

I hope all goes well with the new job!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so excited for you too Jenny. How often does perfect/perfect come along? Oh, and the dress code? Right up my alley!!!

Ms. A said...

Any job that doesn't require makeup and a wardrobe, gets my vote! The second shift would get my vote, too, since I'm NOT a morning person. Graveyards would be even better!

Good luck!

Pondside said...

I hope your first day on the job was a good one!
Just wondering....are bathroom breaks written into the plan?

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Enjoy the new job Jenny!

Terra said...

Congratulations Jenny! This is an amazing opportunity for you! I love it

H said...

Very pleased to hear that the new job has got off to a good start. Hope it proves to be perfect for you :)