Thursday, November 12, 2009

How to train a husband in the art of garage sales...

...and what happens if you do it right!

Teach him right from the start that all garage sale signs contain immense possibilities. That rusted metal is cool. That clutter is really a subjective word. That form is often preferable over function.

If you do these things with serious intent this is what COULD happen.

Your sweet husband could potentially come home after a trip to the lovely coffee shop on the corner (where he remembers that you take a decaf medium, soy, sugar-free milky way latte) and say...

"Quick, get your shoes on! There is a big garage sale up the street and they are selling antiques!"

AND

You could then buy a cool rusted metal object like a big, rusty cultivator wheel to turn into a rose trellis. I'm not promising that this will happen to you...

But it might...if you train him well!

Start training today!

Rusty objects are a horrible thing to waste.

Sigh.

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Hello there. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm always happy to meet new people. I thought that since my home is not grand, I'd give my blog a simple name that reflecks that...it's from a passage in the Bible :o)

Blessings

Jill said...

He he he! Love the car and thank so much for entering my giveaway!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL! That is a scream! I am going to sign up for Jenny Matlock Boot Camp. I need to know these things. :-)

XO,

Sheila

laterg8r said...

you go girl - wtg getting him to spot you rusty stuff!

i have the opposite prob - my dh loves the rusty stuff and always brings home things i can't identify in case (a) it will be worth money some day (and he will NEVER sell) or (b) we MIGHT use it! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! LOL :D

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Jenny, my husband would run kicking and screaming from a garage sale...lol...he hates shopping fir anything except food!

Hoity Toity Baby said...

Thanks for following Hoity Toity Baby! I stopped by your blog and LOVED this post! You have a good trainable hubby! Mine's pretty stubborn! LOL

KCSherri said...

Love it! And love the car!

Sherri

Happy Friday the 13th!